Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A little bit of this....A little bit of that!

This post is exactly what the title says. Just a couple things I wanted to share with blogland. I go back to work on Wednesday :( Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the new school year, but I love sleeping in and staying up late.

I wanted to share this volunteer form with you. My friend Tuyetnga (that I met at the NCCAT this summer) shared a variation of this form with me. I changed it a bit to meet the needs of our classroom and I someone else might be able to use it. Parent involvement is something our school struggles with. I'm hoping I'll have some volunteers this year! I had two parents last year that helped with everything and that was it.

Parent Volunteer Form

Also, I had a couple people ask me how I got my donors choose projects funded. The first one I entered last year was largely funded by family. I posted a link to the project on facebook and got donations through that. Build a Bear workshop also donated some. I know certain companies/organizations do donations at times, but I'm not sure how they choose recipients.

The second project I entered was funded at the end of 2010. The end of the year is a great time to get projects funded because it's a tax write off. The people that funded mine funded a few others, and when I looked at their history it seems they do that every year. I would highly advise you to post a project in time for tax season.



No comments:

Post a Comment