Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What we've been up to!

So to start with, I have forgotten to take my camera to school for the first 9 days! I wanted to share some of the awesome ideas and activities I've gotten from other blogs that we have done in our class. I have 3 other teachers on my team and 2 of them are blog addicts like me. I think we are converting the 4th one too :)

Today we did these:

Our wonderful Name from First Grade Fever . It's a really cute idea, but my kiddos are having a hard time. We will hopefully finish them tomorrow. We've been working on vowels and consonants during morning meeting, but it still is a foreign concept to a lot of them.

Tomorrow we are doing a variation of this:

Peacemakers shared by The First Grade Parade.



I love blogs!



1 comment:

  1. I am so glad my class was not the only one having difficulty with that activity! It is super cute, but about 3/4 of my class had no clue what a vowel was! Needless to say we have been reviewing, reviewing, reviewing! The 1/4 that already knew were my kinders from last year, but luckily they love the Vowel Bat song and don't mind that we are watching it daily! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g43EfOXvpG8)
    I am thinking of redoing the project in a month or two and see how they do with it then!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete