Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hello Again!

I really wasn't joking when I said I stink at blogging. I got super busy (and unmotivated) at the end of the year and pretty much gave up. This will be my second year teaching 1st grade. Technically my 2nd official year of teaching too because, my first half year didn't count for squat. We got a new principal. I met her yesterday and she seems wonderful. That was great to see, but I still worry about new rules and expectations. I had to move rooms (I'm the lone 1st grade teacher upstairs now). Tomorrow I intend to spend a couple hours in my room. I'm still paranoid that they'll make me move again. Our school is renovating and we have teachers EVERYWHERE. I don't want to get started just to have to start over.

I spent a week training with the North Carolina Teacher Academy and a week at NCCAT (NC center for the advancement of teaching) at Ocracoke Island. I got so many great ideas. Between that and blogland I'm so pumped to start the year next month. I hope I can keep my enthusiasm up when I'm spending 12 hours a day at school.

In other news.....my husband and I officially start training to become foster parents in September. We have struggled with infertility and are excited to move to this next step.

I felt like my classroom as not even half as cute as the ones I see in blogland. My theme this year is penguins. Any clever ideas for me?






3 comments:

  1. "Sliding into First Grade" with penguins sliding on their bellies.
    "Marching into First Grade" with penguins marching.
    You could make an igloo in your reading area and say "Warm up with a good book".
    "Penguin Parade"
    "Penguin Pals"
    "First grade is cool"

    Also, check out this site: http://www.jmeacham.com/igloo.htm


    Hope this helps! And good luck! :)

    Adventures in Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, you're not the only one who's slacked over the summer. I planned to get SO much done and have done pretty much none of it. Don't be too hard on yourself and enjoy your break! ;)

    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas Cassie...that igloo is great! I wish I had room to make it.

    ReplyDelete