I officially started teaching at the elementary level in February of 2010, so this is my first official year of teaching. This is my first year of first grade. I thought it would be fun to share some of the things I've learned.
1. No matter how many rules you create....you can't cure tattling.
2. Nose picking is contagious.
3. When a six year old says they feel like they are going to throw up....believe them!
4. Field trips will be a fun but exhausting experience.
5. You will get so attached to each child...and you will meet children with heartbreaking life experiences.
6. You can not please every parent.
7. You will go home crying on more than one occasion.
8. You can stay at work from 7am until 8pm and not accomplish everything on your to do list.
9. Six year olds will fight over anything and everything.
10. I love my job! :)