Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I found it!

It's always in the last place you look. The beginning of the year assessment I was looking for is on Roschell's blog: Building Blocks. Check it out, it's really cute!

Tomorrow is our first work day :( We were suppose to go to OBX with my parents from Sunday until today, but there was a slight change of plans. So today I'm printing all the awesome blog ideas I've been saving in google documents. I can't wait to share them with my first grade team.

My plan for this year is to keep as positive an attitude as I can. I find that a lot of teachers at my school (sometimes me included) can be very pessimistic. I want to stay away from that. Last year was really hard because it was my first full year teaching, and my first year teaching first grade. This year I feel like I kind of know what I'm doing. We got a new principal this year and she is so sweet. I loved our old principal too though :) I'm very excited and apprehensive (I have 3 retainees this year). Classroom management is not my strong suit, but I'm hoping I can do a good job!









1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenna,

    I posted a really great way to help stay positive. Check out the one and only July post on my new blog. This is SO CUTE!

    And for classroom management, check out Fred Jones (he has a website). I learned so much from his book and workshops.
    Dee
    First Impressions

    ReplyDelete